Cover your Fodder with a reliable Silage Cover.
Using a high-quality silage cover ensures that you are able to protect and successfully store your silage in optimal conditions.
With silage covers, it is important that you use one that is able to provide a high level of moisture and oxygen barrier to ensure that the microorganisms are being provided with an optimum environment to convert and break down the silage and allowing fermentation to occur.
To achieve the best outcome, you will need a silage cover that can withstand the harsh Australian climate conditions, is UV resistant and is completely 100% waterproof. Additionally, you would want to use a strong silage cover that lasts you for more than one season.
ARK Silage Covers delivers on all of the requirements above and more.
What makes ARK Silage Covers So Special?
ARK Silage Covers are made from XF Film. It is a specialised Swiss patented film that ensures strength, durability, and reliability.
ARK Silage Covers are very strong and lightweight, which means that it is easier to use than common silage covers and can be easily rolled away and stored for multiple uses.
ARK Silage Covers are born waterproof, what this means is that our silage covers provide with the best vapor barriers and with a high oxygen barrier that allows for complete fermentation and preservation of stored feed nutrients.
The Silage Covers are Double sided in colour, with a dark underside and white top side, our silage pit covers allow excellent sun reflective capabilities, while also blocking UV sunlight from passing through to the silage stores beneath, allowing the best conditions for quality silage.
ARK Silage Covers have excellent UV resistance and come with a 3-year UV guarantee. They are suited for extended outdoor use and will not peel, crack or disintegrate in the sun and are made for the harsh weather conditions found in Australia and New Zealand.
Some tips and tricks.
- Ensure silage is properly compacted to remove as much air as possible prior to covering.
- Where possible use with ARK Silage Underlay Sheet. This will offer the best possible sealing and result in best quality silage out.
- Cover silage as soon as possible after compaction. Research shows that losses increase quickly as time goes by.
- Ensure sufficient overlap for each cover, and weigh down with tyres, or sand bags.
- Seal edges with soil, tyres or sandbags to ensure an air-tight seal and ensure that water cannot enter the stack or pit from the side. The best part is ARK Silage Covers are 100% waterproof for life, so you don’t have to stress about water entering from above the cover.
- Rubber mats are great for weighing down the silage cover. Not only do they provide a solid weight on top of the plastic, they also prevent crow damage.
- If the covers are looked after they have a life expectancy of 3 to 4 seasons, much longer than other unsupported plastic covers.